Pregnancy - Yoga
During this yoga class you will learn vital techniques to assist you through your pregnancy, your labour and the journey towards motherhood. Yoga will not only help you remain strong and flexible, but will also give you the tools to manage the physical, emotional, and energetic changes that can come with pregnancy.
Suzi is a qualified pregnancy yoga teacher, therapist, and Hypnobirthing teacher with many years of experience in tutoring pregnant women through their pregnancies and beyond.
Why is it so good for you and baby?
Any Yoga can help you develop strength and fitness, but is it seen to be particularly important to practice Yoga when you are pregnant? At the simplest level, the classes are good for social contact and exchange of experience with other mums-to-be. The yoga, Hypnobirthing and active-birth tools information from Suzi will help you feel better equipped and you will look forward to your birthing with joy and excitement.
There are many other excellent reasons why taking up Yoga is a good idea when you are pregnant:
- Yoga can help you be more physically and mentally comfortable during your pregnancy
- Any common problems of pregnancy such as backache, anxiety, constipation, heartburn and pelvic discomfort can be eased
- It will provide you with ‘me-time’, where you can look after yourself and your growing baby
- Yoga can safely prepare you for labour and can offer positions for birthing
- You will develop controlled breathing patterns that will support your birthing process
- Yoga can help you begin to form a special relationship with your growing baby
- Yoga will promote relaxation and an attitude of ‘letting-go’ to let your body do what comes naturally
- Many women who come to the class regularly, begin supportive friendships with other pregnant and like-minded women, friendships that can last a lifetime
Cost of class and booking information
Day/Time: Thursdays 7.30pm - 8.30pm
Cost: £54 for a block of 6 sessions (which can be taken over 8 weeks – so 2 weeks can be taken off with no loss of payment)
'Pay as you go' cost: £12 per session
To Book please contact Suzi Griffin on 07776321989 or email@example.com
"Thank you ever so much for your fantastic teaching. During my labour I remembered to breathe deeply and slowly, even in the worst contractions and everyone commented on how calm I managed to stay throughout, which I am sure was all down to how you taught me to control my breathing. The birthing ball was definitely invaluable too as I spent much of the first stages of labour leaning over it, thank you once again" Pregnancy yoga student