Pregnancy - Pilates
As a low impact, gentle method of exercise, Pilates is considered to be one of the best regimes for both during and after pregnancy. Holistic in approach, Pilates will allow you some well deserved 'me' time, promote confidence, good self image and contribute towards a healthy and positive pregnancy.
Our main aim is to address the many physical changes that will progressively occur during pregnancy and to build an awareness of how best to support these changes. We know that you need to allow your body do what it needs to do! But we can learn practical ways to safely adapt with these changes. We move way from the traditional abdominal strengthening exercises and look at stabilising the body, balance work and preparing for an active childbirth through transitory movements.
As your pregnancy progresses the focus will change to learning how to allow your body to feel loose, released and relaxed through gentle stretching and breathing exercises, all designed to practically assist you in getting your body ready for birth.
Benefits of Pilates during pregnancy
- Provides support for your body and the postural demands as the weight of your baby grows
- Helps to counteract muscular imbalances and changes in movement patterns as your pregnancy progresses
- Creates stability and strength and helps to combat stress and tension
- Can help to reduce common back conditions and other pregnancy related conditions
- Increases energy levels, oxygen use and stamina
- Improves the circulatory system
- Helps to prepare you both physically and mentally for an active labour and childbirth
Cost of class and booking information
THURSDAY 6.15pm - 7.15pm
COST: £54 for a term of 6 consecutive classes
Please contact Rachel to book or for further information on 01275 394554 or email