Classes & Workshops >
Post Natal - Yoga
Why is it so good for you and baby?
- Postnatal women need ‘me-time’ more than most, particularly after giving birth and spending days and nights nurturing a baby (or babies!)
- Postnatal yoga class can help gently nurture a woman who is probably physically exhausted, mentally scattered and emotionally frayed
- Mainstream exercise classes are not usually appropriate as the hormones responsible for opening the pelvis at birth are still flooding her system, leaving all her joints unstable and vulnerable
- Postnatal women should try to move safely, so a carefully constructed postnatal yoga class taught by a skilled teacher is invaluable
- A postnatal class is a great way to meet other new mums, who share emotional and experiential support
- The group is a baby friendly group
- Relax for a while
- Yoga can help postnatal women cope with life as new mothers and feel ‘normal’ again
Cost of class and booking information
A Postnatal class will be held from November 4th 10.00 - 11.15am on Monday Mornings at Yanley Court in Long Ashton.