Mother & Baby - Yoga
This class welcomes mums with their babies. When you are postnatal, you will have been through some tremendous changes since you became pregnant. This yoga class will help you cope with life as a new mother and feel ‘normal’ again. Yoga can aid the healing process after birthing your baby. Gentle yoga movements, breathing practices and proper relaxation help you during the first weeks after having a baby.
You may want to get fit quickly; however, because the hormones responsible for opening your pelvis at birth are still flooding your system (particularly if you are still breastfeeding) this leaves all your joints unstable and vulnerable. This is why mainstream, high impact fast movement exercise classes are not usually appropriate, and yoga can help you move safely and effectively.
When you are ready, the yoga will help to:
- · stabilise your body after pregnancy (especially the pelvic and lower back area),
- · Tone your abdomen
- · Stretch your shoulder and chest area which can become stiff due to feeding and carrying your baby
- · return to the level of fitness that you had before pregnancy or better!
- · provide emotional support
- · help both you and your baby become calmer and more content
- · give space for relaxation and relief
Babies are welcome and women are encouraged to feed, change and comfort them at any time during the classes. Refreshments are provided during the mother and baby group end of the class.These sessions are for Mum's with babies from birth to crawling age
Cost of class and booking information
Monday Mornings 10.30am – 11.30am (followed immediately by the Mum and baby group which finishes at 12.00)
Cost: £48 for 6 classes (which can be taken over 8 weeks with no loss of payment) this price includes the mum and babe session which follows immediately after the postnatal session
To book,please contact Suzi Griffin on 07776321989 or email@example.com